Friday, June 20, 2008

Lord, lift us our hearts and spirits

Heavenly Father, 

In your infinitely perfect way, you have brought each of us - unique individuals of all ages, places and life experiences - together for this trip. Many of us are at different stages of life, different stages of faith and at different levels of physical, emotional and spiritual preparedness for this trip. Lord, I lift up each person going to Africa, each individual you have placed in this group - I lift their hearts and spirits up to you now. I know you are preparing each of us in your perfect way; may you continue to do this Lord. I pray you will not allow our "human-ness" to get in your way. If we resist your will Lord, I pray you will push us to see the beauty that comes when we surrender to you. Break us where we need to be broken. Humble us where we need to be humbled. Strengthen us where we need to be strengthened. 

Help us to be ever mindful of your presence; to look for you and see you in all things. Father, I pray for your blessing upon each of us. I pray for your healing grace to cleanse our hearts, minds, bodies, spirits and souls of anything that is not wholly of you. I pray you will remove the burdens that weigh us down and separate us from you; if we do not have the strength to give them over to you Lord, I pray you will take them from us. Open our eyes to see the weaknesses in our faith, to be aware of the ways we make ourselves vulnerable to Satan. Father, I pray you will safegaurd those vulnerable places. That you will block Satan from each one of us. That you will flank us with your angels and give us the strength to stand firm and strong in your name. As we go through the day in this crazy human world, allow us to remain rooted and grounded in the only real and true thing there is - your amazing love for us. 

I pray all these things in your name and the name of your son, my savior, Jesus Christ.

Amen 

No comments: