Friday, July 25, 2008

The Safari 12 are back in Arusha...

and the Kili 31 are on their way to the summit! Please lift them up in your prayers as the rains in Legho left some with a bit of a cough/sore throat and not feeling 100%. I know the Lord is carrying each of them, especially as today is their first day on the mountain. I expect a call from Drew in the next 30 minutes/hour to give me an update on how their day was and will report back in to you all tomorrow night - provided that our safari lodge actually has internet, which allegedly, it will. :-) Walter has some wicked blisters from earlier in the week, so please shoot some special prayers his way as well, that his feet will heal swiftly and he will manage through the pain. (As a blister-er myself, I know how awful they are and can not imagine hiking that mountain with the holes he has in his heels.)

We are back at the Arch Bishops Hostel tonight and I know speak for all 12 of us when I say that we each found Legho Village to be an amazing experience. There is no way one could miss the presence of the Holy Spirit there, but, we are THRILLED to be back in the land of running water and a mattress on a bedframe, not a cement floor. Also, the lack of mud in Arusha and the sunshine is definitely refreshing. Running out of time, so that's all for now - will be back tomorrow night with an update from Kili 31 and Safari 12 after Day 2 on the mountain and our drive to teh crater and first day on the hunt for African wildlife!

Also - hopefully more pics to comer tomorrow!

God Bless,
anne genevieve

1 comment:

Rory said...

Go get em KILI 31!!! We have and will be praying hard for you guys on the mountain. Walter, I hope your feet get better, brother. I am so jealous and wish I was there again with ya'll on this amazing experience... Much Love,

Rory